Brainwashing is a term that has a negative connotation, yet it is the only method by which we can improve our lives and achieve any goal we desire.
The concept of brainwashing is to wash out the brain, meaning thoughts, beliefs, personality, and replace it with newly selected thoughts. The definition of brainwashing, be it good or bad, is determined by what you put in the mind when it is clean. If you would objectively examine your mind, thoughts and beliefs, you would find that there is a lot of dirt that you could benefit with washing out.
The common view of brainwashing is a process used by cults or propaganda to eradicate any individual personal thoughts and replace your entire mental makeup with the thoughts of the cult or organisation, which could be from the marketing company to sell you new products to the church or government. Self-Directed Brainwashing uses the same principles, however only selected beliefs, negative ones, are removed and replaced.
One of the qualities we are trying to wash out of our mind is subjective opinions. The immediate automatic negative response to anything which could be used positively is a strong poison. I like to use the term brainwashing so you can constantly be checking yourself to verify if there is any touch of negativity within you that is automatic without objective reason. Brainwashing, like everything else, has a good and a bad use. We are now going to examine it as the only possible method to cross the barrier of negative thoughts and personal limitations.
We know that your thoughts direct your life. Not only do your thoughts determine your mood, emotions, energy level, self-confidence, etc, but they also effect how other people perceive you. If someone is negative, you do not like to be around them, but if they are positive, they have a magnetic personality and attract people. As people are attracted or repelled, so too are your opportunities. If you are looking for work, and you repel people, it is unlikely for you to get many offers. Likewise, if you are positive and magnetic, then you will draw people who bring opportunities to you. If your mind is sharp, you will see opportunity as your head is held high, rather than depressed looking at the ground.
The mind will focus on any thought that is its habit to focus on. It is that simple. Your thoughts are habitual. To change your thoughts, you must make it a habit to think differently. The core of your thinking apparatus is your mind. The term brainwashing is a misnomer, actually it is mind washing. You must reprogram your mind.
- Your mind forms in a certain way, positive or negative.
- Your mind can be re-formed from what it currently is.
- From its current formation, it will produce thoughts of its nature automatically.
- The mind is formed based on habits.
- Habits are formed based on association with repeated impressions and experiences.
- If you are exposed to negative thoughts of fear and war, then you will become paranoid, to some degree. If poverty is your environment, you will most likely come to accept that as your destiny, and achieve that destiny quite well.
- There are always exceptions, but they are rare.
In order to thoroughly wash out negative thoughts you must wash your mind through:
- Changing who you associate with.
- Create new positive thoughts as a habit. Make it a habit to think positively by repeating positive thoughts and stopping yourself from thinking or speaking any negative thoughts or words until your mind thinks positive thoughts automatically.
- Make a deliberate effort to not allow your mind to feed on any negative thoughts, either so called factual news or fiction for so called pleasure.
- The mind will produce thoughts based on its nature, change the nature of your mind into a positive thought factory.
Brainwash yourself into positive thinking by surrounding yourself with positive influences and making up a plan or goal that is very positive and repeat it constantly.
In order to make this effort effective, you require the magic ingredient, which is emotion. You must add emotion to your thoughts and efforts in your brainwashing. That is the necessary key to success. Emotion can be love or anger or frustration, anything that is focused on destroying the negative nature of your mind and washing it out to become fully positive.
Emotion is the rocket fuel to propel you out of the limitations of the environment you live in which brainwashes you to be negative. Remove those influences. Examine what you consciously accept to spend your time on which enters your mind. Newspapers, TV, radio, etc. all in the name of being informed, you are allowing yourself to be brainwashed to have a negative thought producing mind.
If you are serious about a good mental cleaning and changing your life, you must undertake the serious effort of self-directed brainwashing and remove certain stimuli and replace it with other stimuli. Study the cult methods of brainwashing to learn the best tricks. Note how emotion is brought into the process with love and acceptance along with fear.
Make it a habit to be aware of your thoughts, and to deliberately place positive thoughts of any nature in your mind as soon as you recognise any negative thoughts. Do this with as intense an emotion as possible, as if your life depends on it, and in fact it does.
Let us learn the techniques from a long history of successful brainwashers.
Chosen techniques of people with negative intentions included:
- Dehumanizing of individuals by keeping them in filth,
- Sleep deprivation, partial sensory deprivation,
- Psychological harassment,
- Another technique of religious brainwashing involved love bombing rather than torture.
Chosen techniques of people who are on a spiritual path from different parts of the world, some of the ancient mystical schools and the greatest spiritual masters of the past and present who use self directed brainwashing include:
- Living naked and covering their bodies in ash from cremated humans and spending long nights meditating in cemeteries, (dehumanizing of individuals by keeping them in filth),
- Staying awake for several days at a time, long term fasting for weeks, remaining in a dark room, monastic cell or cave for weeks or months in isolation, (sensory deprivation),
- Zen Koan practice which is the attempt to resolve an irresolvable riddle such as the sound of one hand clapping (psychological harassment),
- Seeing all people as one cohesive whole loved by God and the unity of the school (love bombing).
If people can be brainwashed to such an extent that they can strap a bomb to their body, or fly a plane into a building, or to achieve enlightenment and spiritual cultivation, imagine what you could do for your own mind if all you want is to have positive thoughts and achieve your goals. Find your emotional catalyst and do this simple practice of reprogramming your mind through any or all of these practices.
If you are interested in the concept of keeping your mind focused to achieve your goals, I recommend joining the LawOfAttractionForum.net